Sunday, January 1, 2017

Winter wonderland

I am not a fan of the season, I am more of a summer girl, but this is one of my most favorite themes to plan, and explore within.
So many things happening in the octopus room for the month of January!
We will:
-ice skate, ice fish, build a snowman, snowball toss, enjoy hot coco, and roast marshmallows in dramatic play
-use our sense of sight to find the snowmen, melted vs. frozen, and summer vs. winter clothing
-Math involves the teen numbers: number match, buttons on the snowman, roll and build
-practicing our phone number
-Learning about the letters: J, I, W, and D
-I spy with the letters and number (flash light onto the letter or number on the wall)
-lots of journal writing; this class is amazing with the knowledge they have (mitten, weather window, scoop of ages
-measuring with how many gingerbread men tall we are

We will continue learning about fiction and non fiction with our study on penguins! Our four stories are some of my favorites: The Mitten, The Hat, The Snowy Day, and Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear?


















No comments:

Post a Comment