Friday, January 6, 2023

Celebrating Liviah

I wanted to share with you something that happened in the Octopus room Wednesday. We celebrated the life of Liviah, one of our spunky octopus friends. Last winter break was one for the books, but not necessarily starting off in a good way. Liviah left for winter break, a typical happy healthy 4 year old, and had a life saving liver transplant surgery by January 1st. Without that transplant Liviah would not be here today-she was in complete liver failure. A world without Liviah makes no sense to me, and thankfully I never have to experience that. She is thriving and surviving! 

We celebrated Liviah's "liveraversy" in the class room with balloon animals (my mom came and twisted) cookies, and just a day to enjoy life and friends. Her family would never request a fundraiser from the class but should you choose to do so I wanted to provide you with the link and her journey. We love Liviah so much and I am so blessed to be her teacher (all of your children), and love being able to celebrate them everyday!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment